2 Easy Breakfast Recipes To Inspire Health & Happiness
I received the most amazing recipe book for Christmas called Superfoods and I have been so impressed with everything I have made thus far.
Breakfast is such a hard one for me so I tend to look for easy simple things that keep me full for the day but not too stuffed for my afternoon pilate workout.
The first recipe I want to share from the book is the Creamy Oatmeal With Blackberries. Oats are a complex carbohydrate which my body actually needs (read all about my DNA test results in this post) .Complex carbohydrates provide slow-release energy to keep you sustained throughout the morning.
Lin loves oatmeal too--it's one of his faves.
So prep time on this is only 5 minutes and cook time is 8 minutes. Easy breezy for the hectic week day, right?
It's 268 calories. Has 9 grams of fat. 2.9g of saturated fat. 38g carbs. 1.5 grams sugar. 7.2g of fiber. 11g of protein and 280mg of sodium.
CREAMY OATMEAL WITH BLACKBERRIES RECIPE
- 1 cup large rolled oats
- small pinch of sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 31/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey (or stevia..I just personally do not like stevia) Plus raw honey contains propolis, which helps reduce inflammation and premature aging soooo yes, you are most welcome for that !
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 6 large blackberries, quartered
- Put the oats and salt into a medium saucepan and pour the water over them. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring regularly, for 5-6 minutes, or until the oats are thick but have a dense pouting consistency.
- Stir in the cream and honey or stevia. Spoon the oatmeal into two bowls, top with the pumpkin seeds and blackberries, and serve immediately.
- Kiss your honey on the cheek as he sits to eat this delish meal.
The next recipe I want to share is sooooo delicious and so so freakin' simple.
Greek-Style Yogurt With Orange Zest & Seeds Recipe
It's 172 calories. Has 10.6g of fat. 4.3g of saturated fat. 8.1g carbs. 4.3g of sugar. 3.3g of fiber.12g of protein, and TRACE sodium
- 2 teaspoons flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup Greek-Style plain yogurt
- grated zest of 1 small orange
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- Put a skillet over medium heat. When it's hot, add the seeds. Toast stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until they start to turn brown and release a nutty aroma. Transfer to a small plate and let cool. (Toasting the seeds in this recipe enhances their flavor, so they contrast wonderfully with the smooth, creamy yogurt.)
- spoon the yogurt into two glass cups or serving bowls, then sprinkle the seeds on top, followed by the orange zest. Sprinkle with the OJ and serve immediately.
Pumpkin seeds are my new snack obsession over here. They provide a significant amount of minerals, especially zinc and iron. They are amazing for vegetarians and fight fatigue.
Please share your fave healthy quick breakfast recipes with me in the comments below!
For more delish recipes click here.