Spring Beet Salad
Spring has sprung in Tulsa this weekend at the end of February so I figured why not celebrate with a gorgeous light salad for dinner?! I have another crazy week ahead of me and I love easy quick recipes on Sundays. I also make more then enough of this so I can have it all week for lunch. You can throw some grilled chicken on top or some grilled salmon and you have a wonderful week night dinner!
- 4 ounces of tender baby greens
- 2 nice handfuls of sweet pea shoots (these will add a fabulous garden fresh flavor to your salad)
- 4 baby beets, roasted and thinly sliced
- 1 large blood orange peeled and sliced
- 1/2 C feta cheese. I love the peppered feta.
- 1/2 C walnuts
- 3 Ts maple syrup
- A dash of salt and pepper to taste
For your dressing
- 1/4 C White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 C fresh blood orange juice
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
Peel and slice your beets and toss those in the oven with some olive oil at 350 for about 15 minutes
In a small saucepan go ahead and throw your walnuts in there with the syrup and stir, stir, stir until they are nice and hot and evenly coated.
You can then lay them on a plate to dry. I ended up using a cane syrup because I was out of maple syrup but I prefer maple syrup as it is the healthier option esp the grade b one from whole foods (my preference).
Build your salad making it beautiful and gram worthy and then top with the nuts, feta, and beets!
Mix all the dressing ingredients together and serve alongside salad and OMFG !! Delish and simple!!!
Now you have your whole night to relax and snuggle with your sweetie or meet the girls for some cocktails!! Or just take a bath and figure out how to get the beet stains out of your hands. HA ! (I swear I might need gloves for this one.)