CHICKEN AU CHAMPAGNE
Bonjour Babies! How can you possibly go wrong with butter, mushrooms, shallots, AND champagne???!
This is the easiest and tastiest dish ever.
(recipe serves 4)
- I tablespoon olive oil
- 2 organic chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 large shallot (minced)
- 1 cup Brut Champagne
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- fresh lemon juice (to garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet
- Add chicken to skillet and seer for three minutes on each side
- Remove chicken and place on plate
- Remove pan from heat, and add shallots. Heat and stir for one minute
- Add the champagne and scrape bottom of pan to remove all the cooked bits
- Place the chicken back in the pan, baste with the champagne sauce
- Place your lemon slices ontop of chicken
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until thoroughly cooked
- Heat butter in pan and add the mushrooms (5 minutes)
- Remove chicken from oven, and add the sauteed mushrooms.
- Stir in the tarragon and drizzle with lemon juice
Serve with brown rice and French green beans
Pretty Positive I might start cooking all of my meals with Champagne!!
il est magnifique!!!!!