ASPARAGUS, PEA, SMOKED GOUDA FRITTATA
We all know I am a huge fan of fall/winter but one thing I look forward to every year is the Spring veggies !!! I love love love asparagus. And I love simple easy meals on holidays ! This was the perfect healthy Easter dish for my sweetie and I.
Assembling the frittata takes less than five minutes. Slice the asparagus and put it in the pie dish (How cute and Easter appropriate is mine!?) sprinkle with frozen peas, whisk together the eggs and pour over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake. And then eat...what can seriously be easier?!! (I love gouda for the slight smokiness with the eggs but havarti or mozzarella would work too).
Recipe serves 6
1 cup fresh diced asparagus, about 1-inch long segments
1 cup peas (I used frozen and did not thaw before baking)
6 large eggs, lightly whisked
about 1 cup shredded smoked gouda, loosely packed
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Evenly sprinkle the asparagus over the bottom of dish.
3. Evenly sprinkle the peas.
4. Evenly pour the eggs over the top.
5. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Evenly sprinkle the cheese over the top.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is lightly golden browned, or as browned as desired. Serve immediately; frittata is best warm and fresh although leftovers will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days. (salt and pepper to taste)
So beautiful and delicious so you just cannot go wrong my dears! And now I have the whole Easter Sunday to cuddle , Netflix my newest addiction (Prison Break), and be terribly bad and snack on some chocolate...
My sweetest Lin came in from taking Henry on a walk..and said "Baby..you will never believe what Henry found. He found a bunny and chased it into the wooded are of our back patio." And I said what..a real bunny...and he said yes....the bunny led him to this basket....
I have not had an Easter basket like this since I was a child. See how lovable he is?!! I am so spoiled and I feel like the luckiest woman on earth. He even found my favorite childhood candy bar... (Un-O) And I cannot wait to get a pedicure from my favorite local nail bar !!!!! Big grins today.
Shop the story here..