ROASTED PARMESAN CARROTS
This recipe is one of my favorite ways to eat carrots. Roasting them with the olive oil, parmesan, and garlic turns an ordinary carrot into something extraordinary. You can turn any carrot-haters into carrot-lovers with this recipe. Seriously. They are that good. And so easy to make!
· 4-5 cups baby carrots
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 4 cloves (2 teaspoons) minced garlic
· 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
· 1 to 2 Tablespoons panko bread crumbs, optional
· 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
· 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
· Chopped parsley, optional
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Place the olive oil, garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a large zip top bag. Add the carrots and shake until they are well coated. Then spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until tender. Toss with a spatula half way through.
Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with fresh parsley if desired.