Braised Mediterranean Chicken
You will be the absolute talk of the town when you prepare this easy colorful delish dish for your dinner party guests !
- 2 chicken breasts or feel free to use thighs or drumsticks..whatever you fancy
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium preferred
- 1/2 lemon, sliced (plus a couple of slices for garnish)
- 8 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 8 green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme + a twig for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Make a couple of slashes on the side of the chicken with the skin to cook the inner part better.
Rub the chicken with the garlic, paprika, salt & pepper. Leave for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Over medium heat, in a large skillet with extra-virgin olive oil, cook the chicken with the skin side down. Brown for about 10 minutes then flip to cook the other side.
Add chicken broth.
Add the lemon slices, fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, thyme, dried cranberries, and olives. Cook for 5 minutes together. Pour the sauce on the chicken and other ingredients while cooking.
Transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Cook for 45 minutes or until the chicken turns golden brown. While cooking, pour the sauce on the chicken.
Seriously soooooo good !