Perfect Potato Salad
Tis the season for all those backyard BBQ's and pool parties ! The theme is always a pot lock sort of affair and I love making this amazing dish for everyone to share. The recipe is inspired by Ree Drummond but I have added a lot of my own flair to this . I am a huge fan of pickles and long for that crunch in a potato salad. This recipes is great for a big group especially if other sides are served !
- 5 pounds Russet Potatoes (about 8 Medium Russets)
- 1-1/2 cup Real Mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
- 6 Tablespoons Prepared Mustard (regular, Dijon Or A Mixture Of Both)
- 10 whole Green Onions, Sliced Up To The Darkest Green Part
- 12 whole Small Sweet Pickles (may Use Dill If That's More Up Your Alley) I prefer a sweet and spicy pickle that I get locally in my hometown
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt (more To Taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 6 whole Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 jalapeno
Cut potatoes in halves or thirds, then boil until fork tender. Drain. Mash potatoes or run them through a ricer or food mill to make them extra fluffy. Fold potatoes together with mayonnaise, mustard, green onions, salt, pepper, and other seasonings you like. Fold in pickles and eggs, then taste for seasonings, adding more salt, mustard, or mayo as needed. You may also splash in juice from the pickle jar if salad needs a little moisture.
Your party guests will devour this !
Shop my poolside backyard BBQ faves here.