GWYNETH'S PERFECT HERB GRILLED CHICKEN// AND HER BEET & AVOCADO SALAD WITH MUSTARD DRESSING
I was scrolling through my instagram this morning and loved seeing our beloved GOOP girl in the NY times sharing her favorite books that she currently has on her beside table. Way to go Gwynnie! I needed to also work on my meal plans for the week with a grocery list and it just made perfect sense to keep on with the GP theme and cook some healthy recipes from her amazing recipe book It's all Good. The recipes are incredibly flavor packed and surprisingly easy ! Sometimes she has the ability to make me feel incredibly inadequate sometimes but this recipe book is a good one for an all level chef !
These two things just sounded sound good so I decided to make both and they were actually really delicious together !!!
Perfect Herbed Grilled Chicken
Recipe Serves 4
· 1 tsp finely chopped fresh sage
· 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
· 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
· 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
· 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
· 1 small garlic clove, minced
· ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
· zest of ½ lemon
· 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
· ½ tsp course sea salt
· 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ¼ inch thick
1. Combine the herbs, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest and juice
2. Add the chicken and rub the mixture all over
3. Leave to marinate for at least ½ hour and up to overnight
4. Grill in a pan until just cooked (just a few mins on each side if you've pounded it nice and thinly)
Soooooooo sooooooo delish !
Roasted Beet & Avocado Salad
1 large avocado, skin removed and diced
4 large beets, roasted and diced the same size as the avocado
bunch of scallions, sliced thin
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (all though I left the onion out of mine because I do not like raw onions with this personally)
kosher salt & pepper
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 tsp white wine or champagne vinegar
pinch of sea salt & pepper
Dice up the avocado and roasted beets to be the same size and lay them on a platter. Sprinkle the sliced scallions and red onions all around.
Sprinkle w/ kosher salt & pepper. Spoon dressing over just before serving.
Enjoy it !