Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe for Memorial Day
Countdown to summer is on my babes and I am so ready for a 3 day lounge session poolside. Memorial Day weekend is such a fun opportunity to spend time with friends outdoors and indulge in a refreshing Gin & Jam cocktail (or two!). If you’re in need of a little summer holiday inspiration, why not try hosting a fancified all American backyard party or barbecuing a few peach and portobello burgers on the grill. Or wanting to take part in the festivities but keep focusing on your health and fitness mission...then I suggest making this amazing buffalo chicken dip that is so delicious yet so guilt free. (More on this in just a bit) Whatever mood you’re in, my Summer Playlist is sure to be the perfect soundtrack for any adventures you have in store.
Tis the season of barbecues, picnics and festive gatherings involving chips and dip, burgers and hot dogs, and ice cold beer and rosé! I love all of these so much but with all the progress I have made I am honestly worried about the toll it could take on my body and dress size by summer’s end. I really want to start on the right foot but I also want to enjoy it too and let's be honest you guys. I am a foodie. I love food.
So I have the most amazing recipe to share with you. This would be be the perfect Memorial Day treat and trust me.....everybody will be begging you for the recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe:
- 2 small chicken breasts
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup low fat Cottage Cheese
- About ½ cup of Frank’s Hot Sauce (more or less to your taste)
- Garlic, minced (to taste)
- Onion, minced (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Onion Powder (to taste)
- Cook your chicken breasts for 5 to 10 minutes in a tiny bit of olive oil until well done. Shred the chicken.
- Mix all together. Sprinkle top liberally with Nutritional Yeast.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, until brown on top
- Serve with celery and Blue Diamond nut crackers (which taste and crunch just like chips)
I dare you to only have one bite!