A Long Weekend Getaway In Loo-uh-vul, Kentucky
8 THINGS TO DO
- Walk or jog across The Big Four Bridge over the Ohio river (when you make it to the other side, you are actually in Indiana)
- Take a Brandy Tour at Copper & Kings Distillery
- Check out the art at 21C Museum Hotel. (Louisville was the first)
- Walk around the Old Louisville Historic District. The restored Victorian mansions are just beautiful.
- Buy a ticket to a Behind the Scenes Walking Tour at Churchill Downs.
- Check out The Muhammad Ali Center
- Catch The Speed Art Museum-- they show Kentucky art, Native American artifacts and contemporary works in a sleek modern building.
- Picnic at Shady Central Park.
- Walk around NULU --so many boutiques and restaurants.
3 things to buy
- Batches of handmade soap at Butchertown Market
- Brandy flavored coffee and cream sodas at Copper & Kings Brandy Distillery
- Something local from Revelry Boutique Gallery
I needed to see what all the buzz was about for myself. So Lin and I had a long weekend in Louisville!!
And with the Kentucky Derby oh so close.......well, this should come in handy.
WHAT TO WATCH BEFORE YOU GO
- The Ides of March
- The Insider
9 Places to Eat & Drink
- The Mayan Cafe for dinner. (make a reservation)
- The Weekly Juicery for cold pressed juice
- Louisville Cream (some of the best ice cream I have tasted)
- Royals Hot Chicken (get the broccoli salad)
- Get a chocolate chip cookie and Please and Thank you
- Have wine and desert at Nouvelle
- Enjoy a craft cocktail at Lola in Butchertown for happy hour
- Butchertown Grocery for dinner. The Gnocchi and bourbon barrel smoked grits are to die for.
- Drinks at Proof & Main.
LIVE LIKE A LOCAL
Catch a live jazz performance with some great drinks in a super charming intimate space below a sandwich shop at Jimmy Can't Dance