Hair Inspiration with TRESemmé ---Style Without Stiffness
I have been totally giving you all some teasers on my Insta stories about some revolutionary new products from TRESemmé and how I have been creating my curls over on my stories this week and as promised...here is the full Friday write up. My process is pretty straight forward and easy. I love a perfectly disheveled "un-done" look-almost as though I just rolled out of bed. (#iwokeuplikethis) For my signature look, I always curl the pieces away from my face and curl them by length of layer. My tip for this style is to always keep the ends out. It gives that beachy-vibe instead of bouncy curls. I also always love how this style falls out throughout the day. It looks good a little messy and I’ll usually let it live for 2-3 days or even 5 days..(shhhh..do not tell on me) I will giving you the full step-by-step in just a bit.
For product, I don’t do too much, especially since I only wash it a few times a week. But lately in this Oklahoma wind I am finding I need a little extra help in the "operation make Sam's curls last longer" mission. And I am pleased to announce TRESemmé 's new range of Compressed Micro-Mists Hair Sprays are so fabulous. My curls last all day long, and they keep the bounce and shine that I love so much. They also give so much style but without that icky stiffness for a natural, lasting hold that moves with me. Having a Je T'aime moment for sure!
There are 4 Compressed Micro Mist Hairsprays to chose from and I am so excited to tell you all about them and then we will discuss the ones I use to create my signature look I will also be sharing an uptini with you.
The TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray Texture is my favorite of the 4 because it's all about flexible, natural hold. It has a hold level 1 and you will even see the numbers on the bottle when you are shopping to make things easy! Whether you go for messy beach waves, a top knot, or whatever is on your Pinterest page, TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray gives you lasting style with movement. The superfine Compressed Micro Mist permeates hair to hold your style. It's also resistant to humidity and keeps frizz at bay for up to 24 hours--no matter how steamy things get. It's perfect for your best tousled looks.
The TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray Smooth is a level 2 hold. Also perfect for beachy waves, top knots, and fishtail braids, TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray gives you lasting style with movement. The Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray Smooth Hold Level 2 is all about flexible, natural hold. The superfine Compressed Micro Mist permeates hair to hold your style. It's also resistant to humidity. It's ideal to perfect your smoothest looks. I love it when I blow my hair out for a more sleek Kardashian date night look.
The TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray Boost is a level 3. This gem shares the same features as the two above and is ideal to perfect your most voluminous looks. I love this for a side swept braid or big bouncy curls.
The TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray Extend is a level 4. Our Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray Extend Hold Level 4 is all about bold, natural hold. The superfine Compressed Micro Mist hair fiber spray permeates hair to hold your style. It's also resistant to humidity and keeps frizz at bay for up to 24 hours. This is ideal to hold your best "look at me" looks. Ohhh la la!!
So now for your beachy waves tutorial for my signature look..
- Begin by scrunching a lightweight mousse through your damp, towel-dried strands – scrunching it up gives your silky smooth hair more texture.
- Next, you’ll want to blow dry while repeating the scrunching motion.
- Once your hair is completely dry, take TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray Texture and give it a few loose sprays to give your hair a bit more texture and to hold the “messy-ness”.
- After all this prep, you’ve laid the foundation for more texture and now it’s time to curl!
- Separate your hair into two sections, top and bottom – putting the top in a cute little top knot!
- Start by curling the bottom sections of your hair, starting about 1/2 inch up from the tips (keeping them straight). The straight ends give this style a more modern look. Depending on the length of your hair, wrap it around the barrel one to one and a half times keeping about 1/2 inch of the tips out of- for bottom layer, just curl the ends because that’s all you can see when all your hair is down.
- For the pieces that frame my face, I curl away from my face and as I work my way from front to back, alternating between curling forward and backwards. Once you’ve completed the bottom, I like to give it another spray with TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray Texture.
Now to create a fun fishtail braid we have seen all over the Fashion Week runways..
To get the curls for the half up-do, I used a wand, curling small bits at a time. Do not rush this process. Just take it section by section. They will be pretty bouncy when you first start which are gorgeous, but I even like them so much better as they fall out slightly throughout the day. And then day two is really really pretty. For the top portion of the hair, twist back the two front sections, bringing them together in the back and then fishtail braiding them down, into one piece. The finished result will be sweet and effortless! And oh so fun.....and super different for me!! I always feel so whimsy and romantic with these fun braids. I really need to start doing video tutorials because I feel like the visuals would explain so much better!!!! But feel free to DM me if you need more info and I can help walk you through it!
For this look I love TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hairspray Boost!
What do you all think?!
These new products are so amazing! So let's recap why!
- The new breakthrough Micro-Mist technology uses superfine micro-mist particles that penetrate through the top layer of hair to provide deeper coverage throughout hair
- Some traditional hairsprays are formulated with clunky particles that sit on top of the hair which creates build-up
- These compressed micro-mist hair sprays contain an optimized blend of polymers to give lasting hold, lightweight coverage, and humidity and frizz resistance yet still result in hair with natural and flexible movement without stiffness – perfect to keep your favorite flowing statements intact
- Hairspray works by coating the hair fibers in a layer of various polymers that form bonds between the fibers to hold the hair in place. Micro-Mist blends two types of polymers in hair sprays: “tough” and “durable”. Too much of the “tough” polymers and hair feels stiff. Too much of the “durable” polymers and hair has flexibility but no hold
- These new cans have new technology to result in a more targeted, efficient spray that comes out softer for a truly lightweight, flexible hold and fast-drying coverage including adjusted valves, inserts, and actuators that are specially designed to cut the spray in half and narrow the cone angle of the traditional hairspray
- Introducing the hairspray reinvented with compression technology A fine, weightless mist that provides flexible hold and uses 50% less gas per spray than out 11-ounce cans
- These hair sprays are packaged in a smaller can which also contributed to overall reduction in CO2
- The smaller 5.5 cans are ergonomically optimized and easier to hold, yet still, contain the same number of sprays in the 11 once can
And you can find all four NEW TRESemmé Compressed Micro-Mist Hair Sprays at your local Walmart.