Lock In Soft Skin with Jergens
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LockInSoftSkin #WetSkinIsBestSkin #CollectiveBias
With all the style segments and travel diaries I’ve been publishing lately, I thought it was time for a a little Joie De Vivre update! I mean beauty products are so important, right?! As you know, I’m a skincare enthusiast especially as I get older. (For some reason, getting older tends to get a bad rap...HA) I always keep my eye on the latest and greatest in the beauty industry---like if Garance Doré is updating her beauty bag...I need to know it the second it happens. I am so not into just reporting on the latest fads (all though that can be fun) but always on a mission to discover, test and report on what actually works for me. While we’ve talked about everything from makeup and a ton of hair care, I wanted to direct today’s beauty posts towards something I think a lot about during the summer months, my skin! And I’m not talking about the skin on my face; I’m talking about the skin on my body. You can't neglect the body dears..but it's very easy to do as we tend to be very face and hair focused with anti-aging products and ways to cover those stubborn gray hairs.
I am almost 40 and am getting very concerned with my drying skin. My elbows and knees tend to be the driest and it's so frustrating, uncomfortable, and just embarrassing really. Particularly in the summer months, I want my skin looking healthy, feeling soft and hydrated! I mean I crave this all year long but summer calls for shorter summer dresses and sleeveless tops. Let's not forget the pool parties too. No matter what it's safe to say you will be showing some skin this season.
Exfoliants tend to leave my skin stripped of any moisture that my body naturally produces, so I started seeking some alternatives. And as I was organizing some old family albums too, I remembered the great skin care secrets my sweet momma had up her sleeve (she had the BEST skin and did not spend a ton of money getting it--she's used Jergens for as long as I can remember) so in a recent trip to Walmart I discovered Jergens® Wet Skin™ Moisturizer ,and it got me wondering, why does this moisturizer work better than so many other products on the market that claim to end dry skin?
Well...you loves are in for a treat!! I figured it out. I will be sharing all the deets with you and will also be sharing some beauty secrets I would have given to my younger self in honor of my mother.
So drum roll please......wet skin moisturizer! Yes, this gem is applied directly in the shower when your skin is still damp. I never thought about this concept, but honestly-- it's genius.
For all they say about human bodies being 80% water, it sure is weird how sometimes your skin feels parched even when you’re religiously moisturizing. Lots of lifestyle issues can be the cause of dry skin, but there's something that we should be doing if we want to keep that water percentage up. Did you know that when you hop out of the shower and dry yourself off, once the water’s off your skin, so is the moisture? You have about a 30 second window of time after drying off to slather on some hydrating goop before all the moisture that’s already on your skin evaporates. Body moisturizers work more so by sealing IN moisture, not so much imparting it (though it certainly feels that way).
The Jergens® Wet Skin™ Moisturizer is activated by water – by using it immediately after, your skin cells have a chance to expand and open from the steam and heat. That moisture is just instantly locked into just-showered skin!! It's like magic! I feel like I have just found the holy grail of all beauty secrets you dears!! Just towel off once you’re done – no need to wait! Because the formula is designed to work on wet skin, it applies quickly and easily without rubbing and tugging to absorb which is so much better for the skin. My mom never tugged on her skin and I get it now. I also adore the non greasy feeling--it's just so lightweight and I really need that in a product. I get immediate relief and that feels amazing. Since you can skip a step by directly applying the wet skin moisturizer without needing to dry off, I’ve found that my morning routine takes the same amount of time but now I get the benefit of added moisture. My skin stays so soft and hydrated throughout the entire day so I no longer have to reapply. I just love that it maximizes the moisture in my skin but helps minimize the time later in the day so in the long run, it's a time saver. I also love how smooth and supple it makes my skin feel and the amazing scent leaves me happy and glowing.
I am addicted to the Jergens® Wet Skin™ Moisturizer with Cherry Almond Essence , which is actually exclusive to Walmart. I love the aroma as it reminds me of memories with my mom. I grabbed the Jergens® Wet Skin™ Moisturizer with Restoring Argan Oil for Lin. I am eager to try the Jergens® Wet Skin™ Moisturizer with Refreshing Coconut Oil next. It was sold out last week so I am hoping it's back in stock this coming week.
Jergens is a brand that has been trusted for decades to keep women’s skin looking beautiful everyday – and this is now an even better way to do that, perfect for the girl-on-the-go! We have to take care of ourselves!
Advice to my 20 old self.
- Use sunscreen everyday especially on those hands and arms. Every day if you will be outside. The sun emits harmful UV rays year-round. Even on cloudy days, up to 80 percent of the sun's harmful UV rays can penetrate your skin. Snow, sand, and water increase the need for sunscreen because they reflect the sun's rays.
- Simplify your routine. A regular beauty routine: There will always be special occasions when your beauty routine becomes a bit more elaborate, but for the regular work day, here’s a routine that is simple and leaves you looking and feeling your best. Moisturize your entire body using Jergens® Wet Skin™ Moisturizer, wash your face with a gentle cleanser, apply moisturizer to face and neck, concealer, SPF tinted moisturizer, blush, a simple neutral base to your eyelids, eye-liner, a bit of shadow and smudge-proof mascara. Finish with your favorite color gloss and a spritz of mineral water for that fresh look! I keep my everyday makeup in a small makeup bag that I can throw in my purse for touchups later on my way to dinner.
- Figure out how to love fish. Fish is a high-protein, low-fat food that provides a range of health benefits. White-fleshed fish, in particular, is lower in fat than any other source of animal protein, and oily fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids, or the "good" fats.
- Never pluck your eyebrows. Over plucking could cause long term damage...no need to say more.
- Don't pick at your blemishes. You can make the inflammation worse. And cause nasty scabs.
Thank mom!! I sure miss you everyday.
Have you ever tried a wet skin moisturizer and what were your results?!
Remeber to grab your Jergens® Wet Skin™ Moisturizer at your nearest Walmart in the body moisturizer aisle.