Stacked Breakfast Enchiladas
Growing up in El Paso, Mexican food was on the daily menu in my home--even breakfast! Almost any meal deserved chile or hot sauce, and breakfast was certainly no exception. And I always love introducing Lin to these recipes. This is super simple and super delicious!!!
Stacked Brekkie Enchilada Recipe:
- 2 cups red chile sauce or enchilada sauce
- ½ cup canola oil for frying tortillas
- 3 white corn tortillas per person (we did 6 for the two of us)
- 1 cup cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 avocado
- 4 eggs
Pour red chile sauce or enchilada sauce into a skillet over medium heat until warm then lower heat to simmer.
In a non-stick skillet, heat canola oil. Drop one tortilla at a time into hot oil and fry until softened, turning once while frying, then drain on paper towels.
To assemble the enchiladas:
- Place a fried tortilla into the skillet of warm red sauce, coating it on both sides. Place on a plate then layer with both cheese and a sprinkle of onion. Place another tortilla on top and repeat until you have a stack of three tortillas. Continue to make stacks until all ingredients are used.
- Heat a small non-stick fry pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Fry the eggs and place one on each stack.Top with more cheeses, onion, and avocado.
Soooo Incredibly delish! I wish we had an after photo.