A Recipe for the Ultimate Valentine’s Day Breakfast in Bed For The Man In Your Life.
Nothing says “I love you” more than a cheeseburger… especially when it’s served in bed. Valentine’s morning is the perfect excuse to indulge but I could never bring actually serve Rodge a burger in bed at 7:30 a.m. Actually not sure I could bring him a cheeseburger at any time of day as now I just have a visual of Trump eating his McDonalds in bed with his three televisions. Laugh out loud. But I can make him a cheeseburger frittata. Food is definitely the way to his heart and he has such a weakness for a good burger.
Enjoy the recipe! I promise he is going to love it.
Simple Cheeseburger Frittata recipe
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium white onion, chopped
8 large eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
6 oz cheddar cheese, grated
Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a 12-inch (oven-safe) cast-iron skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and ground beef over medium heat. Cook beef, breaking it up as it cooks, until it’s browned.
- Once beef is cooked, add onions and cook for a few minutes until they’re soft. Season the mixture with garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and cream.
- Sprinkle the beef mixture with about 1/2 cup of grated cheese (leave most of it to top the frittata later). Then pour the egg mixture over beef and onions and spread out eggs so they’re even in the dish.
- Transfer dish to the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350º F.
- Remove frittata and top with the rest of the grated cheese. Then return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve while warm with ketchup! And serve with some breakfast potatoes!
My silly pups are so expecting breakfast in bed too!
Shop the story here...and the beautiful Lazy Susan a lot of you asked about on my table is from The Makerage. I cannot wait to tell you all about them this week here on the blog.