Healthy Apple Muffin Recipe
Day 4 of a very very restricted diet...and I am hanging tough. Also so excited to have lost 5 pounds already!
I woke up craving something sweet and delicious though. The cravings are so intense sometimes. I really think I am a sugar addict. PMS is also setting in so.......
So I decided to give these apple flax muffins a whirl....I mean...what did I have to lose at this point?? I am also so hungry, anything might sound delicious at this point in time, even a flax muffin.
You guys.....happy to report they were amazing!!!! I devoured one in seconds and felt completely satisfied! Highly, highly recommend. I will continue making these!
Healthy Apple Muffin Recipe:
- 1 large Gala (or your favorite) apple (or 2 small) - peeled and diced to ⅛ inch pieces.
- 4 TBS Ground Flax Seed
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 TBS Stevia
- ¾ to 1 TBS Ground Cinnamon (to your liking)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch of Allspice (optional)
- Pinch of Salt
- Using a kitchen towel that is cotton and lint free, not terry cloth twist and squeeze all of the juice out of the apple. It should hold together in a ball when your done.
- Stir everything together until well blended.
- Divide into 4 muffin cups and bake.
- *350 degrees - 30 minutes (They will appear dark colored and won't rise a whole lot)
Serving size: 4
OMG! OMG! Seriously so yum and you are not going to have to feel any guilt eating them! Lin even liked it...at least that's what he said.